Upon reading the title of this post you might think: “Didn’t you tell us last week to bring our own coffee to Norway in order to avoid buying expensive coffee?!” I admit it’s an ironic move to recommend you to visit a wonderful coffee bar in Trondheim, but I have five fairly good reasons to do so:
- If you would follow my tips to travel budget-friendly in Norway, you will save enough money to buy yourself loads of coffee.
- The coffee at Dromedar Kaffe is freshly ground and tastes like heaven.
- Most activities in Trondheim are free of charge, so you save a lot of money to buy this delicious coffee.
- Winters in Trondheim are very cold, so you will appreciate the warmth of the coffee bar and a warm coffee every once in a while.
- It is a popular meeting place for locals, so you can socialize easily in this coffee bar and soak in the scene.
In my opinion, it is a sad evolution that American Stores like Starbucks, Burger King, Seven Eleven, McDonalds etc. have opened in Norway. When I’m travelling, I prefer to spend my time in authentic local bars and restaurants. For all like-minded people, I would like to recommend going to Dromedar Coffee Bar! There are even four bars in Trondheim and you can also find them in Oslo and Bergen!
The design is lovely and the atmosphere is relaxed, as you would expect from a coffee bar. We paid a visit to Dromedar Coffee bar at several occasions and it always was pretty crowded (but in a nice way). We enjoyed the company of people chatting to each other, reading, working,… It can get very cold in Trondheim in wintertime, so we really needed our coffee breaks to keep ourselves warm.
We got ourselves the best hazelnut flavoured lattes ever for 5 euros (large). On another occasion, we tried the large Americano (3,5 euros) and a large macchiato (4,5 euros). You can also order cakes, cookies, sandwiches and other things to eat. Sadly, we haven’t tried this food, but we were told that the carrot cake should be delicious. Just so you know J The prices are higher than usual, but I can assure you that the coffee is well worth the money.
I you’d walk in this coffee bar, you will be immediately hooked by the welcoming smell of freshly ground coffee and the friendly smiles of the baristas! Dromedar Kaffe is definitely worth stopping by if you find yourself in Trondheim!
You can find the addresses of the Trondheim coffee bars here.